Veneers – Plano, TX
Create Your Dream Smile
Do you have permanently stained enamel or visible chips in your smile? Is there a small gap between your two front teeth? If so, we may be able to help you create your dream smile! At Antoon Family Dental, Dr. Sam Antoon offers high-quality veneers to cover up cosmetic imperfections that take away from the beauty of your pearly whites. To learn more about how we can make aesthetic flaws disappear with veneers in Plano, give us a call! We'd be happy to answer your questions and get you started with an initial consultation.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells of tooth-colored material that are placed over the front surface of your teeth to mask imperfections. They can conceal a wide variety of aesthetic flaws that patients aren't happy with when they look in the mirror. Veneers are often considered by people who have teeth that are:
The porcelain that's used to create veneers closely resembles healthy, natural-looking enamel, therefore leaving you with a beautiful finish. The material is also very durable, so you are unlikely to experience chips or stains later on.
The Process of Getting Veneers
The first step of the veneer process is your initial consultation. During this time, you will be able to discuss the goals that you have for your smile and how veneers can help you to achieve the results that you're looking for.
If it is determined that you make a good candidate for the procedure, a small portion of the enamel will be removed from the front-facing surface of the teeth, and an impression is made. This impression is then sent to a dental laboratory where your veneers will be crafted. In the meantime, you will be given temporary ones to wear that with both protect your teeth and allow you to become accustomed to how your final veneers will feel.
As soon as your custom veneers are complete, you will be able to return to the practice, and they will be cemented into place. At this time, small adjustments can be made to give you perfectly comfortable and natural-looking results.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers have all sorts of benefits for patients who are looking to achieve a perfected smile. Here are just a handful of them:
- Stain-resistant: Veneers resist stains much more than your natural tooth enamel does. They can be used as a long-term whitening solution.
- Long-lasting: With proper maintenance, veneers can last upwards of 15 years.
- Natural-looking: Veneers are carefully placed so that they appear perfectly natural. No one will be able to tell that they aren't part of your natural teeth.
- Personalized: Dental veneers are crafted to be the exact size, shape, and color needed to blend in with the rest of your smile.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Cosmetic dentistry is an investment in your self-esteem. Veneers are a popular choice because they correct numerous issues using just one procedure. Although they may be more expensive than other treatments, you might actually save money because you won't require several procedures. When budgeting for your new smile, here's the information you need to understand the cost of veneers in Plano.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What's Right for Me?
Veneers are a common elective treatment because they can improve the overall color, size, shape, and proportion of your teeth. You can correct several issues at once without needing to worry about multiple or lengthy procedures. Although they offer their advantages, you might still wonder if they are the right solution for you. Here's why you may want to consider them over other cosmetic treatments.
- Braces: Braces can straighten your teeth and fix your bite; however, it will require you to wear brackets and wires for 18 to 24 months. As an alternative, veneers can be used to close gaps to give you a straight smile after just 2 appointments.
- Teeth Whitening: You can turn back the clock and get your teeth as much as 8 shades whiter with the help of your cosmetic dentist in Plano. Unfortunately, not all stains can be resolved with teeth whitening. Veneers can cover dark stains and discoloration to get your teeth significantly whiter.
- Direct Bonding: A composite resin material can fix a variety of aesthetic imperfections, like chips, cracks, and decay. Although it's effective, it can correct significant flaws. Veneers in Plano can cover a variety of concerns to enhance the overall appearance of your teeth.
- Veneers: After just 2 appointments, you can have a dazzling smile you'll want to show off. Veneers can fix chips, cracks, gaps, and other aesthetic flaws using a minimally invasive procedure.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Unfortunately, it's rare for a dental insurance company to cover the cost of veneers because they are an elective treatment. Don't worry, we'll help you find the solutions you need to revamp your smile without breaking the bank. Our office accepts a variety of payment methods, such as:
- Traditional Methods: Our office accepts many forms of payment to keep your veneers within your budget, such as cash, check, and credit cards.
- Third-Party Financing: Based on your credit's approval, you are given the funds you need to pay for your new smile. You'll repay the balance using a payment plan that accommodates your budget.
- In-Office Discount Plan: Our office offers a discount plan for a low annual fee. You'll enjoy discounted rates for common treatments to help you achieve the beautiful smile you deserve.
Schedule Your Consultation
We'll provide you with a personalized estimate during your initial consultation with Dr. Antoon and discuss the fees associated with your plan. A member of our team will take the time to explain your payment options to achieve a picture-perfect smile without fearing an outrageous bill.
Porcelain Veneers FAQs
There's no denying the fact that porcelain veneers are excellent for masking a host of smile flaws, but you likely still have questions about certain aspects of the procedure. If so, you're not alone, as many patients desire to know more about veneers. We've noticed that some questions are asked more often than others. So we've compiled a list of the top queries we've encountered. Therefore, before you visit our office, you can be better educated about the process. Then, when you meet with Dr. Antoon, you can get all the other pertinent details you need so you can move forward with achieving your dream smile!
How Long Can a Set of Veneers Last?
Ultimately, the longevity of a set of porcelain veneers in Plano can vary. However, with proper care, they can last up to 15 years. The centerpiece of your care should be oral hygiene, which includes brushing and flossing at least two times a day. This will help to prevent the accumulation of oral bacteria that could compromise your dental health and ruin your new smile.
It's also important to avoid hard and brittle foods, as they can lead to the fixtures chipping or dislodging. A final key component is to maintain regular dental visits for checkups and cleanings so that any issues can be addressed early, and any excessive microorganism growth kept at bay. The better you take care of your veneers, the longer you'll be able to enjoy your gorgeous smile.
Are Veneers Permanent?
The veneers process provides a permanent solution to your smile woes. We'll start the process by removing a thin layer of enamel, which is the hard-outer layer of your teeth. Since the material can't regenerate once gone, choosing to have veneers placed requires a long-term commitment to maintaining a beautiful smile.
How Much Do Veneers Cost?
Because the veneers procedure is highly customized, you'll need to visit our office for a consultation. At that time, your cosmetic dentist in Plano will assess the current condition of your teeth and listen to your smile preferences. He'll take all the pertinent details into account to arrive at a price so you can plan accordingly.
Do Veneers Offer Any Functional Benefits?
While veneers are known for masking blemishes and flaws along the front-facing teeth to upgrade one's appearance, they can also provide some functional benefits. By creating an even surface, they can aid in your pronunciation and chewing.
A smile enhancement from your dentist in Plano can also yield psychological benefits, as having a more appealing set of teeth provides an automatic confidence boost. This can even translate into the production of health-supporting hormones like endorphins, serotonin, and oxytocin.
Will Dental Insurance Cover the Cost of Veneers?
Typically, dental insurance won't pay for the application of veneers. However, if you're more cost-sensitive, we offer an in-office financing program. Therefore, you won't have to wait to experience the bliss that comes along with having your smile rejuvenated with a set of porcelain veneers. When you visit us, one of our friendly staff members will be glad to discuss the program's pertinent details with you.